Friday, September 12, 2008

A Great Place To Be???


The school where I currently work has adopted the slogan "A great place to be". Recently I've been questioning that more and more. It's only the third week of school, and already I am feeling run-down and burned out. The powers-that-be have dictated that we will be adopting part of yet another new educational strategy. Given the history of such initiatives, in a year or two, we'll be told that research doesn't support it, and we're moving onto something else. In the meantime, the teachers jump through hoops in order to give a good show to administration.



I'd like a job where I can still make the salary I make now and have decent benefits, but one where my job won't be coddling unmotivated students who love to refer to themselves as adults. If anyone knows of such a job, let me know; I'm willing to give up my summers off to find something that I would actually enjoy doing.

2 comments:

Todd said...

I suggest a job with the State in some capacity.

Todd said...

Ooops! Rendell instituted a hiring freeze this morning, so the State is not an option presently.