Thursday, April 23, 2009

One Month - Updates

Owen had his one month check-up today. I knew he was getting bigger since he'd outgrown his newborn sized outfits and diapers. However, I wasn't ready when the nurse said he weighed 10 pounds, 4 ounces! That's over 3 pounds he's gained since we brought him home! He's 22 inches now too. That puts him in the 75th percentile for both weight and height. I looked up Emily's stats at one month, and while she was 22 inches also, she only weighed 9 pounds, 13 ounces at her one month checkup. For being delivered 3 weeks early, Owen is certainly doing well!

He also had to get his second hepatitis B shot today; I didn't realize that, and I hate being the only one there when the kids get shots. He did well though...he cried when the doctor stuck him, but he stopped as soon as I picked him up. Such a brave little boy! We then made a stop to visit Grandma Sipe at work; she enjoys showing the kids off to the people at her school. Owen slept for most of the show and tell time, but that didn't stop everyone from oohing and ahhing over him :)

0 comments: