Wednesday, March 17, 2010

4 More Weeks!

In only 4 short weeks, we'll be finishing up our first day of moving into our new home! Now that it's getting so close, I need to really get serious about the packing. I am trying to sell anything we won't need in the new house so we don't have to schlep everything over. Tonight Emily's baby clothes all went. It was pretty sad seeing all the cute outfits in such tiny sizes - I forgot how much I loved some of those clothes. But, it made me happy that we could help out another expecting mom by stocking up her little girl's closet.

We've also, however, been buying things. Our last big purchases were made last night. We are leaving our current washer and dryer in the house, so we bought a new front loading pair last night. I'm super excited about laundry for two reasons. First, the set we got will finally do the huge loads we seem to have and dry them in one cycle! The other reason is that our laundry area is on the second floor of the house, so it's just a hop, step, and jump away from doing the laundry to putting it away. Bye-bye two flights of stairs with heavy laundry baskets! The other big purchase excites Dan more than me. He found a television he liked, and I have to admit it's pretty nice. Our current t.v. is too big for our new family room, so it will reside in our basement when it gets finished.

If anyone gets bored and likes to pack...I'm all for helpers :)

0 comments: