Saturday, July 3, 2010

Owen's 15 month stats

Owen hit the doctor's office Thursday for his 15 month checkup. He seems huge to me in comparison to Emily, so I was excited to see his stats. He now weighs 21 pounds 12 ounces, which only puts him in the 15th percentile for weight. Crazy, since the kid eats CONSTANTLY and will eat anything. It's actually sort've amazing how much he eats. But, the doctor says he's on the light side, so to keep giving him whole milk to fatten him up :) In length, he's 32 inches, which puts him in the 77th percentile for height. Looks like we have another tall skinny kid, although Emily stopped with being so tall for her age about a year ago.


He also got three vaccines, which for the first time I was nervous about. I don't know if it's all the reading I've been doing about supposed reactions from vaccines, or because he's a boy and I worry more about autism with a boy than a girl, but I did think about asking the doctor to spread the vaccines out. Then I remembered that Emily was fine, and most recent research doesn't see a link between vaccines and autism, so I just let them do the vaccines on schedule. So far, he's been a champ...no fever, no fussiness...just his smiley self.

2 comments:

A said...

I'm new to your blog - I just happened to google "Owen Bilodeau" and found you. Our son has the same name "Owen M. Bilodeau" and was born in December 2009. Your little Owen is adorable and clearly, I love his name :)
I didn't know there were Bilodeau's in Pennsylvania?! Interesting!

Courtney said...

There aren't many in PA! My husband is from Mass originally :)