Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My name is Courtney, and I am an addict

Nope, it's not drugs or alcohol that keep me in chains. It's that damn Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
I am embarrassed to admit how many of these I've eaten in the past two weeks alone. At last night's doctor appointment, I was confronted with the fact that with 8 more weeks to go, I am now 8 pounds over what I was when I had Emily. So sad. I keep promising myself that I will not give into the McDonald's temptation. I keep telling myself that it's okay as long as I donate the dollar to the Ronald McDonald House (which I do to alleviate my guilt). But I know that I am probably the most unhealthy person I know, and the Quarter Pounder is not doing my gestational diabetes any favors.

The sad part is when Dan asks me "How did this McDonald's bag/cup/whatever get in the car?" I have no good answer, so I tell him the baby was craving fast food. So unfair to blame my unborn son, but what can I do? I need a 12 Step Program.

0 comments: