Friday, May 8, 2009

2 Years Ago...

Two years ago today, right at this time, I was knocked out to the world. I had just taken an Ambien to help me sleep after being at the hospital all day with bleeding and contractions. The doctors sent me home to get some rest (they also gave me some pharmaceutical help to sleep), and I was told I could go days before my daughter was born. Fast forward to the next morning, when at 5:00 I woke up, rolled over, felt a pop, and immediately realized my water had broken.

It's tough to believe that my "baby" is no longer a baby. She is a full-fledged little girl. As I type this, she is up in her crib singing herself to sleep. The past two years have flown by, yet it feels like Emily's been a part of our family forever; I can't even remember what it was like to not have her.

Tomorrow we will have family over for her party, and we will celebrate the day she came (reluctantly) into this world. But tonight, after I gave my little girl her very last goodnight kiss as a 1-year-old, I was a little sad. I know that as fast as these past two years have gone by, the next two (or ten) years will fly by too.

0 comments: