Monday, July 20, 2009

Freestylin' Part 1

After spending some time on the beach Sunday morning, we decided to head to Freestyle Music Park (formerly the Hard Rock theme park) so Emily could ride some rides. Dad heard that if you got to the park by 4:00, you could get tickets for half price. So, off we went. However, because we all had to shower and get dressed and eat lunch, we left a bit later than we planned. Not too far into the journey, dad (who was my co-pilot) told me to speed up if we wanted to get there in time. I should have used my cruise control, but I only partially take responsibility for what happened next. As I passed a car on my right, I blew by a cop sitting in the median. Seconds later, looking in my mirror, I saw him coming up fast. Soon, he was behind me with lights flashing - I was being pulled over. As the kids napped and Dan fumed in the back seat, Dad explained to the cop that we were trying to get somewhere by 4:00 so he told me to go faster. I don't know if the cop took pity on me because I was traveling with a carload of family or because he saw the smoke coming out of Dan's ears from being angry at me, but I got away with a warning. Thanks, officer!

So, we did make it to the park on time, and Emily had a blast. Here are pictures of her on some of the rides. Dad, Dan, and I also got on The Time Machine roller coaster, and we even talked Shirley into getting on an easy coaster with Dan.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you got a warning! I think it was Dan's fumes! ha ha! The park looks AWESOME! I don't think you're going to be able to pull Emily off of rides; she loves them!
-Amber

Unknown said...

P.S. The Kelp is my newspaper's email; I didn't feel like setting up an account just to leave a comment!