Friday, September 3, 2010

Back to School

It's that time of year again...back to school. This year I returned to the English classroom, which I've been dreading ever since my first day in the guidance office. I loved my job so much last year, and the year before, I'd had an awful time in the classroom, so saying I wasn't looking forward to returning to the classroom is an understatement.

It's been...interesting. In some ways, it's like I never left. I sort've fell right back into the routine, and that's been okay. In other ways, I feel like I've been gone forever. It's been just about 18 months since I've taught. Last year I was a guidance counselor, and the year before, I left in March to have Owen. So I feel super behind and overwhelmed in some aspects, especially the technology I'm now supposed to use. But...I'm thankful I work with such awesome people and friends; they've really helped me out.

My classes aren't terrible either. Two of the three are really fun to deal with...and the other is a bit more challenging, but nothing like what I had in fall 2008. So, while my ultimate goal is to get back to the guidance department, I now know I'll survive.

On a completely unrelated note, I got some new ink.
Since Em was born, and even more after I had Owen, I've considered getting their initials tattooed on me. It's been about 6 years since my brother last did anything on me, and I was more than a little nervous. But, after thinking about it long and hard for awhile, and after a push that came in the form of one of my good friends braving the tattoo needle, I decided to go for it. So...the kids are now permanently a part of my skin :) And the most surprising of all was how much this location DIDN'T hurt. Nothing like my lower back, at least!

0 comments: