Saturday, February 20, 2010

Caught!

Last Saturday, Dan had to work, so I was home alone with the kiddos. I got up when Emily did...took her downstairs, had some breakfast, etc. Owen began talking over the monitor, and I had planned on getting him up as soon as I finished up a couple of things. As I walked back into the living room to get Emily to take upstairs so we could get Owen, I noticed she wasn't there. She wasn't in the kitchen. No Emily in the dining room either. Now I began to panic, because while Em can manage the stairs, after her fall this summer, I prefer to be there with her when she goes up and down. I ran up the stairs. Owen's bedroom door was still shut, so I checked Emily's room, our room, both bathrooms....nothing. Then I heard giggling coming over Owen's monitor. I backtracked to his room, opened the door and saw this:


Apparently, Emily decided she'd entertain Owen while I finished up downstairs. When I walked in, all of Owen's books had been piled into his crib with him. Also, I found out Emily can now open doorknobs, which is helpful to be aware of. And Owen? Loving every second of his sister's shenanigans.

0 comments: