Friday, February 12, 2010

Last ones (at least for now)

The bedrooms are the only places where we're looking to do anything right away, and that's mainly because we have our bedding for everyone, and the paint colors that are in the rooms right now don't match.

This is going to be Emily's room. Love all the windows, but man, you should see this color in person. Instant migraine/seizure. It's bright. So...one of the first things we'll do on day one is lay on a ton of primer and paint this room. I already picked the colors to match her bedding. I figure we'll need to paint before she actually sees her room, because if she gets a glimpse of the pink, I'm afraid she'll never allow us to change it. Emily will also have her own walk-in closet, which I'm super excited about.

This room will ultimately be the spare bedroom. It's the smallest of the bedrooms, although it has a walk-in closet (don't tell Dan, but I'm planning on taking that closet over as needed). We have the furniture for the room - it's currently hanging out in Mom and Ron's spare room - but no bedding yet, so not sure what we're going to do with this room color-wise.


This room will be Owen's. The one thing I feel bad about is his closet...it's not as big as everyone else's. Dan assures me this won't matter since Owen is a boy, and he won't care about a huge closet. Still, I don't want him to feel left out. However, it was either a big spacious room with a smaller closet, or the room above which would have been smaller. We'll do this room in a tan that will go with his nursery set and his big boy bedding (and yes, I already got it, but I totally blame my jumping the gun on a fellow guidance counselor and her obsession with Pottery Barn Kids).

Monday is the home inspection, and I'm really excited for it, primarily because I want to measure windows to start ordering blinds for the bedrooms. Dan and I roughed it for a week or so when we moved into our current house with no blinds, but that is not happening with kids who will be up at the crack of dawn.

Our inspection on Weldon didn't go as well as we'd hoped...some things need to be repaired, although for the most part, they seem small. The big thing is that our radon tested higher than what is acceptable, so we do need to do something about that. The appraiser came today as well, so keeping our fingers crossed that the house will appraise for the amount of the loan.

Still can't believe the snow we got over the past week here...I haven't been to work since Tuesday! The piles feel like they're not going to melt until April, but I'm hoping that the snow is over, and I can start thinking spring soon!

0 comments: