Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Update

Yesterday I was innundated by phone calls from my doctor's. My o/b called to tell me I failed my glucose test; I am officially diagnosed, again, with gestational diabetes. Next, Diabetes Self Management called to set up my two hour meeting with their office. Next Tuesday I get to go in and get reaquainted with my good friend, Mr. Blood Glucose Monitor. I'll also get my dietary restrictions, which, I will be honest, I'm dreading. After that appointment, I'll go straight back to the o/b for follow-up, although I should be able to hear the heatbeat now on the dopplar machine. I also got a phone call from Maternal Fetal Medicine telling me I am now on an extensive ultrasound schedule. The next one is November 18, and the upside of this is that I should find out the gender at that ultrasound. So...it's now a game of trying to get off work, make it to my many appointments, and begging for the latest appointment times possible (never late enough, though).

1 comments:

Izzy'sMom said...

Oh Courtney, I am so sorry! :o(