Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Back to the Grind

So after dealing with the blood pressure thing at the beginning of the week, I forgot to update about the nursery. Last time around, Emily's nursery was almost done by this point. Not so this time. Unfortunately, we've been a little slow to get started, and this pregnancy has gone by much faster it seems. So realizing that I may not be able to wait until my due date to have this baby, we have decided to get moving. The first order of business is selling the queen bed we have in that room. I *think* I have someone willing to buy it; hopefully it will be out by this weekend. We ordered a crib, dresser/changer, and bookshelf last weekend, and they will be shipped by mid-February. That gives us a month to pick paint colors and get the room painted. The glider for the room is sitting in our basement right now, ready to be unpacked and put together. We are also slowly but surely getting this little guy some needed items. We bought some clothes for him last weekend (I am still so sad that I can't use Emily's cute things again). Each week we decided we'll get some stuff: burp cloths, receiving blankets, a diaper pail, towels, etc. I didn't realize that a lot of our stuff was pink or purple; I had assumed we wouldn't need much. I also need to go through Emily's stuff and pick out anything that was gender neutral (white onesies, some night clothes).

Emily has been doing her part to help us prepare by reminding us what it's like not to sleep through the night. For the past several nights she's woken up crying. I'm not sure what the issue is, but she does go to the doctor for an ear check today, so maybe that will shed some light on the situation. We're hoping her last round of antibiotics got rid of the ear infection, but the doctor wanted to see her to make sure.

My blood pressure issue is, for now, under control. After staying home and taking my pressure during the day yesterday, the doctor cleared me to return to work. I have to go back on Friday afternoon to see what they'd like to do, but for now, things seem to be okay. Let's hope it stays that way! I am hoping that on Friday they will set a delivery day for me. I know it could still be earlier, but I like to be prepared and know when this little guy is *supposed* to make his entrance!

2 comments:

Todd said...

On the crib thing, did you buy one of those cribs that can convert into a little bed later in life?

They seem pretty nice.

Courtney said...

Yep...we figured Emily will use hers for a long time (it converts to a toddler bed, then a full size), so we got a 2nd one for the little guy. I think if you're thinking of more than one child, esp. if they will be spaced closer rather than farther apart, it's a super good idea. Emily's not ready to give up her crib yet anyway (or maybe I'm not ready to not have her penned in at night).