Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BIG news

I had another growth ultrasound yesterday, and the news is that our little guy is not so little. He's weighing in at approximately 3 pounds, 8 ounces. The tech told me that puts him in the 94th percentile, which is pretty big. When she was measuring his head, the monitor said it measured at 30 weeks, so I'm a little ahead. I tried to remember that they told me Emily would be almost 9 pounds too, and she only weighted 7 pounds 12 ounces when born. But...then the doctor came in. She adjusted my insulin (again), and said she hoped to slow down his growth a little bit. However, if at my next ultrasound (on February 16) he is still measuring so big, they are probably going to schedule an amniocentisis. This will check his lung development, and if that's okay, he's going to be delivered early.

So now, instead of having 10-11 weeks to prepare, I am down to less! Dan and I have a plan for the nursery this weekend...we are going to start painting. I went to the Gettysburg outlets last weekend with my mom and Grandma, and I did get lots of clothes, burp cloths, and receiving blankets for him. The bookshelf has come in, and we are just waiting for the call about the crib and changer. I have a list, so that has helped me stay somewhat organized.

On a super happy, very excited note....today is the last day of the fall semester classes! For those of you who don't talk to me on a regular basis, let me fill you in on what that means. It means that on Thursday, I get all new classes. Classes that hopefully don't have hygeine issues. Classes that are not practical level. Classes that will not make me want to quit my job on a regular basis :) It's too bad I only get to spend a small amount of time with them before I go on maternity leave, but at least I'll end on a good note!

0 comments: