Sunday, March 1, 2009

Emily's first haircut

For those who don't remember (or didn't see her), Emily was born with a very full head of dark brown/black hair. I've heard that most babies lose this hair as they get a bit older; it rubs off and falls out, and it's then replaced with regular hair. However, Emily never lost her baby hair. People could never get over how much hair she had, and before she was a year old we were able to get it into pigtails. Recently, though, her new "real" hair has begun really growing in under the old hair. She's been rocking a modified baby mullet for a little while. I tried pulling it up to keep it looking somewhat presentable, but even that started to fail me. We had no other alternative but to cut some of the length of the baby hair off. I was nervous, both because I couldn't imagine Emily without her long hair, and also because I wasn't sure how she'd behave during the hair cutting process. We took her up to Mel (who cut my hair for a very long time), and her daughter-in-law gave Emily her first cut. Some pictures of the cut:





She did really well! My mom, Dan, and I all went to witness the event, and Emily wanted Grandma to hold her. She didn't make a peep...just looked around and stayed still while Tiff gave her a trim. The finished product is cute! The picture below doesn't really show how nice it turned out...she didn't want to give me a shot of the back. She's got a little bob in the back which curls up when wet. The best part, though, is that I don't always have to pull it up to keep it out of her face!


0 comments: