Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Heavyweight Champion of the World

This morning I went to Maternal Fetal Medicine to meet with my doctor there regarding the amnio. First of all, I would like to say that you know an appointment is not off to a good start when, while waiting to be called back for your 8:00 appointment, the doctor calls (at 8:10) to say she's on her way into the office. Um, yeah. So at 8:45 a woman finally comes out...not my doctor. Instead, she said the doctor decided she wants another growth ultrasound first. So, off I went to get another peek at my little guy. And surprise...he's on track to breaking records with his size! Right now (and remember, I'm not quite 36 weeks pregnant yet), he's estimated to weigh about 8.2 pounds. That's right...more than Emily weighed when she was born! As if that isn't scary enough, the tech then told me that the estimate could be off +/- a pound. Now, that could mean that he's closer to 7.2 pounds. But, folks, that could also mean he's closer to 9.2 pounds. I choose not to think about that possibility. Anyway, I have decided that the outfit I wanted him to wear in his hospital pictures and to come home in may not actually fit him, so now I have to take a back-up in the next size as well. Carly just gave me a bunch of Colton's 2T sized clothing, so perhaps he'll just move right into those.

As for everything else, it's okay. My amnio is next Thursday morning, so next Wednesday is my last day at work. The doctor cautioned me about the fact that my diabetes may not disappear when I have the baby, and we went over some options regarding that. She says that my weight gain is good, which is nice to hear since I look and feel like a beached whale. My ankles and feet are now looking like what would be seen on everyone's favorite ogre, Shrek. They are disgusting...maybe I'll post a picture later for all to be repulsed.

2 comments:

Todd said...

Do they make "husky" onesies?

Courtney said...

Um, no.