Friday, March 6, 2009

T minus 2 weeks

Two weeks from now, we will have our little guy in our arms (or in his bassinet) at the hospital. It's crazy to think that he'll be here so soon! We are still busy getting ready for his arrival. Wednesday we spent the better part of the night trying to figure out how to set up the nursery so that our outlets and heating vents were still functional. We still haven't come to a conclusion, although Ron is going to come check it out and see if we can add an outlet.

My big task right now is to wash all the clothes that we received last weekend at the shower. Then comes my favorite part - organizing! I also need to get the cover off of the baby carrier and wash that before we move the straps back into their smallest setting, and I need to clean up the bouncer. We're going to set up the pack and play by next weekend too, just so Emily can get used to it (we're hoping she doesn't try to climb in)!

The baby still looks good at this point. For the past three appointments my weight has stayed the same, so I'm (unrealistically) hoping that means he's not getting any heavier. I also signed the consents today for the c-section and little guy's circumcision. I have to admit, reading the paper they gave me about THAT procedure made me a little queasy!

As for Emily, she is scheduled to get her tubes on April 10th. I can't imagine how many new words she'll have, since the past few days it seems like she's been picking up at least one a day. She would not stop saying "snow" when we were home on Monday, and last night her obsession was the word "shoe".

0 comments: