Saturday, March 28, 2009

One Week - Updates

Yesterday Owen turned one week old, and to celebrate, we each had doctor appointments :) First up, Owen's one week check-up. He did so well! He is almost at his birth weight (he was 7 pounds 7 ounces yesterday), and he's measuring in the 25th percentile for both weight and height. Quite a difference from what they were telling us based on the ultrasounds! He looked great according to the doctor, so we are happy that he's continuing to do well.

The next appointment was for me; it was time for my staples to come out. I was a bit nervous about this...even though I didn't remember this hurting when I had Emily, I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that they'd be taking staples out of my body. While it didn't hurt badly, it pinched a bit. The nurse had the doctor come look at my incision, and it seems like there could be a small infection, but at this point it's superficial and nothing to worry about. I still feel really good, so I'm not really sure it will amount to anything.

Dan's last day off from work was yesterday as well. I know I will miss him being home with us...he's been such a help the past week. Between cleaning the house, putting away laundry, keeping Emily entertained, and helping with those middle of the night wake-ups, he's been busy. It's really hit me how lucky I am to have a husband who is so willing to help out so much.

Emily is continuing to adjust. Some days she does really well - she'll kiss Owen, "help" feed or diaper him, or check on him in the pack and play. Other days she's a bit more challenging, but we try to remember that she's adjusting to a huge change in her life.

0 comments: